Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ta-dah! Finished!

Green Tea and Sweet Beans, so far - that's blocks for 2 months! Looks like it will be a bright, happy quilt.

Top right - Pink Penguin's Reversible Bag ! I must say that on the particular day I made it, the instructions just didn't work for me and I'm happy to admit it would have been 'me' - so I fudged a little and it has turned out a really cute little bag!

Yes, its finished! All pics of 'My Studio' - I promise this will be the last! Now it is all so functional and practical - fabrics organized - it has been a long drawn out procedure - I love it now and intend spending lots of time there, such a light, bright, fresh room!




Uh, oh - yes, I have been naughty again and signed up for another BOM! It's from Material Obsession by Sue Ross and called Tradition with a Twist, I think! Check out my Sidebar if you are interested - Ive chosen Pretty/Contemporary.
I'm off to Melbourne to the Quilt and Craft Fair tomorrow evening - Melbourne is the opposite side of the country to Perth! A few days break will be lovely and I'm so looking forward to seeing what's happening on the east coast and seeing the display of over 300 quilts!
Until I return (with all my goodies) - stay safe!

39 Lovely People said ...:

Purple and Paisley said...

lovely blocks, lovely studio...and have a lovely time on your trip! can't wait to see what you get! ☺

Liz said...

Might see you at the Craft and Quilt Fair on Thursday Lurline. Your studio looks lovely now that it's finished.
Have a good flight.
Lizzie
XX

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, your studio/work space is so bright and has every thing you need all in one place. I love it! Have fun enjoying all those quilts.

Kim said...

Safe travels, my son loved Melbourne when he lived there as a newlywed for 2 years. Take some picture
of the quilts to share! I never get tired of looking at quilts!

Have fun and Happy sewing,
Kim

Nat Palaskas said...

Great studio Lurline. You need to mess it up a bit, it's too tidy LOL. Wow, it's a long way to come to Melbourne Craft and Quilt Fair for you? I am going to be there on Sunday. Do you have your quilts in the show? Hope I run into your there. Have fun

Sherri said...

Oh, that Green Tea and Sweet Beans is going to be one amazing quilt! Love the patchwork bag as well!

Janet said...

Lurline, your sewing space looks great, so tidy!
Enjoy the show and if you're allowed to share photos when you come back, that'll be great.

Miriam said...

I plan to be at the Quilt Fair on Thursday too!!

Your studio looks great! Lots of natural light too.

Unknown said...

Love your sewing room now looks so practical for you...your quilts looks Gorgeous hanging up too...Enjoy the show ...bet you do.
cheers

Unknown said...

forgot to say...ha ha twisted arm...& your green tea blocks are looking great...
cheers

My name is Riet said...

LOvely bright blocks. I love your studio.

Micki said...

It's a lovely studio Lurline!
Micki

Julia said...

Looks really great!
Enjoy the show, takes lots of photos..
Hugs Julia ♥

Cardygirl said...

Love your room & your funky blocks... I am doing the Sue Ross BOM too! Have fun in Melbourne.

Chookyblue...... said...

your room is looking beautiful........I have also signed up for the MO BOM - Pretty too........

Have a fantastic time in Melbourne........

Unknown said...

Have a great time , seeya when you get back !

Jan said...

Your craft room looks great - it might inspire me to at least tidy mine! Have fun at the fair - I'm going on Saturday.

Joy said...

Wow Lurline it's looking so inviting in your new studio!!! I can see Mrs Perkins on the shelf watching over your stitching goodies ;o) ... I STILL haven't made mine yet!!!
Have fun at the craft show ... I'm so jealous ;o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Betsy said...

Lurline your blocks and your new room look delightful.

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Oh wow, what a lovely post, I'm so glad you are joining the material obsession one, i'm doing pretty contemporary too. Your studio looks great, beautiful quilts on the walls. See you Thursday xo

Candace said...

Your blocks your bag and your room are all wonderful, and I hope that you have a really fun time at the Quilt and Craft Fair.

Myra said...

The room looks great Lurline! Nice cutting table!
Blocks and bag are great! 8-)
Enjoy the quilt show!

Phyllis said...

Your studio looks so nice - a great place to create!

scraphappy said...

How terrific to have your room all put together. Your Sweet Tea and Green Beans BOM is just delightful (oops, I guess is it Green Tea and Sweet Beans). The colors are so bright and happy.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh your studio is perfect. Wow,the things you will create in there!!! Have a fun and safe time and buy lots of goodies!!

Bev C said...

Hello Lurline, I love what you did with the little bag. I do hope you enjoy yourself in Melbourne. Can't wait to see what you bring back. Safe travels.

Jossie said...

You did a great job Lurline. Your studio looks fantastic. I don't get tired of pictures of sewing rooms! Hope to see more when you are 'living' in it.
Have a good time in Melbourne. Wish I could come along.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

The blocks look terrific Lurline and your studio also looks fantastic....enjoy the Fair..

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Lurline! Oh! Your sewing room looks wonderfully tidy - sure wish mine did! It's still kind of full of all the stuff that will go back into the kitchen now that the major part of the reno is over ... I just have to get motivated! SIGH! I only cleaned my sewing room a little while ago - how unfair! Hope you have a ball in Melbourne and find lots of goodies to take home with you! Bear Hugs! KRIS

limpingalong said...

Love your clean, neat sewing area! I'm working on mine but yours is far, far ahead of me!

Lindi said...

Your room looks lovely and inviting, Lurline! Happy sewing there.
Hope you enjoy your break in Melbourne and find lots of goodies to tempt you!

Nanette Merrill said...

My gosh Lurline you do good work. Everything is so beautiful. I saw your picture on Red Pepper and Cabbage quilt blogs. I pulled those blogs up and without reading thought right away - There is Lurline! Made me smile. I love your projects.

Angela said...

I'm so impressed by people who can quilt. I tried to make one once but it would be putting it mildly to say it was a disaster.

julieQ said...

All your blocks look so fresh and pretty, and your sewing room too. Have fun at Melbourne!!

Bronwyn said...

Hi Lurline - it was lovely to have met you at the Melbourne Craft fair! Hope you had a wonderful time in Melbourne, but you are probably happy to back in your lovely sewing studio! Your BOM looks just delicious!

Unknown said...

Your new table looks fantastic and i love those bright colours in the BOM!

siv hege said...

I love your sewingroom, and the quilts hanging on the walls. I am thinking of adding a ekstra room to my sewingroom. Wouldn`t that be great?

Janet said...

You are very lucky to have such a nice space to work. I wish I had a place I could devote to just quilting and sewing. I love the Green Tea and Sweet Beans. The vintage fabrics fit the pattern.

em's scrapbag said...

I love the bag and blocks. I'm envious of your beautiful studio. Hope you have a great trip.