Friday, May 8, 2009

Friendship Finished!

Oh, boy, I bet that title attracts a lot of attention - doesn't sound good does it? Well, I have just finished 'True Friendship', Christine's and my quilt, so it is all good!

Now to block the knitted edge and put the label on - this quilt is so special to me, I really procrastinated about adding the edge. I thought I may detract from the quilt, but, I'm quite happy with it and it was such a pleasure to stitch the edge on - warm fuzzy thoughts and memories, lots of them! The reproduction fabrics alone brought back lots of memories and some blocks have up to five different fabrics - Christine knows what this quilt means to me - and to our great Australian designer, Kim McLean, thank you for the inspiration and incentive!
A little bit of nonsense, as usual! See that little smear on the pavers to the right hand side of the little ornament - well, when I went to pick it up a spider ran off and fell to the ground - I looked down and it was a redback - now, I hate killing any kind of creatures and have no fear of spiders, but that is all that is left of it now - squished!
Lots of apologies to lots of you folk - I need to Browse, Comment, Reply, Happy House, post Promises! It will all happen - please forgive and be assured how much I treasure my Blogland friendships! I am sure the dust will settle next week, though with my family one never knows - oh, I just remembered, I have a baby-sitting job this arv and dear son, David will be home soon with a new big tele and a nice new stand to set up, with the thought of enjoying the rugby league game Australia versus New Zealand tonight!
Happy weekend everyone!

32 Lovely People said ...:

Cardygirl said...

Gorgeous quilt...I really love the knitted edge, adds a naive folk art type touch. Well done

Nat Palaskas said...

Lurline, how beautiful! Can't see close to all the details, but I can see it's gorgeous. Enjoy baby sitting - Natima

Annika said...

Its so lovely! So many sparkling colors.

Julia said...

It's perfect...just beautiful!
The knitted edge does add some charm to the quilt Lurline..I love it!
So glad you decided to go for it!
Hugs Julia ♥

Janet said...

The quilt is very special and it's beautiful. Thank goodness I haven't come acraoss a redback, snakes yes.
Go the Kiwis,lol

Liz said...

That's a truly lovely quilt Lurline, I just love the colours. Now the only good Redback is a squished one, any true blue Aussie knows that. We lived in Katoomba in the Blue Mountains many moons ago and Funnelwebs would weave their webs in the corners of the windows, I can tell you we had the cleanest windows in the mountains!!
Big love, Lizzie

Liz said...

By the way, I noticed your 'Mrs Perkin's Stitchers' on your sidebar, I did send you an email, must be still floating around somewhere, could I join you for your stitching? I bought the pattern, have the fabric and I'm all fired up to go.
Lizzie

Joy said...

Love the quilt Lurline and the edge just sets it off nicely :o). Good for you squishing that redback too ..... bleccchhh!!!
I have my Mrs Perkins pattern and the fabric too ... please add me to your list cos I'd love to stitch along with you!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)
P.S .... I just read through my comment and realised that the last bit is a little poem LOLOL ... how funny!!!

Jantine said...

This edge really suits the quilt, it is an unbelievable job you did!

Anonymous said...

Lurline I am pleased you got the edge finished and even more pleased I send you your quilt.
You are very dear to me even so you are so far away.

hugs
Christine

Micki said...

Lurline, it is lovely work, and I absolutely adore the quilt! You are such a sweet lady!
Micki

antique quilter said...

Oh Lurline, the edging is beautiful what a wonderful touch you added to the quilt.
I know this quilt is special to you.
remind me was this a pattern?
did I tell you I ordered the Aussie quilt history book by Gero and can't wait to see all of Kim McLeans patterns in the book?
Kathie

Chookyblue...... said...

wow Lurline this beautiful........you have done a wonderful job.....and time will settle and you will be able to get more things done........

loulee said...

Your quilt looks beautiful. How did you attach the knitted edge?

Narelle said...

Your edging sets the quilt off nicely.

Unknown said...

Its gorgeous and I love the edge!

Unknown said...

I Love Love Kim Mcleans Work...it's on the "List"..lol..Your Quilt looks Fabulous & the Knitted Edge looks Great...who would have thought...Happy Mother's Day...
cheers

Kris said...

You are so right Lurline! When I read the title I thought this post was going to be soooooo high school! (Like a "myspace" bulletin telling us who you are not friends with anymore!) So glad we're all still friends!!! PS Loooooove the quilt!

Mistea said...

The quilt is beautiful... the colours are just amazing together. Gorgeous knitted edging. Thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

WOW, that is beautiful. Love it

*karendianne. said...

Oh my! Beautimous for certain. What a happy quilt and with all that love stitched in, Lurline, I hardly know what to say. If I could I'd reach thru here and hug you BIG. As for blogging and replying ~ relax. The right time will come upon you "I say." :)

zetor said...

That is a work of art, it's beautiful!

Purple and Paisley said...

oh, lurline! absolutely gorgeous! wow!

Rose Marie said...

Goodness me .... this quilt is gorgeous and what an intriging idea for the knitted border.

Anonymous said...

I love your quilt. The edging is perfect. May you have a wonderful Mother's Day.

em's scrapbag said...

The quilt is stunning. Really beautiful! That edge is really neat.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Thank you for sharing your special quilt. I love the knitted edge. Just amazing, have a great Mothers Day Weekend!

Karen said...

Such an unusual design and I do like it very much! The colors are very good, too. Much to my taste.

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Lurline,
It's just beautiful. I love the knitted edge.
I do have one question. How do you attach the knitted edge?
I'm guessing that a Red Back is similar to a Black Widow spider that we have in the states. If so you go right ahead and squish it. Better safe than sorry.

Maggie A said...

It's just lovely.

Cathi said...

It's absolutely stunning! I'm curious too -- how did you attach the knitted edge?

Helz said...

Jumpin' Jewel Colours Lurline... Luv the knitted edge truly adds in the warmth of Friendship.